How To Setup a Volusion Store With Vextras
Kyle Hungate • December 15, 2015
Getting a Volusion store connected with Vextras is easy and doesn’t require custom coding or technical knowledge. However, you will need access to your Vextras account and administrator rights to the Volusion store you want to connect.
- Login to your Vextras dashboard
- Click the “settings” tab from your store’s top navigation area
- Copy the installation code
- Login to your Volusion store
- Navigate to ‘Design’ > ‘File Editor’
- Choose the main template file (should be available in the ‘Shortcuts’ area in the right sidebar)
- Scroll to the bottom of the file
- Paste the installation code directly above the ending body tag
- Save, ‘Publish’ the template and you’re done!
- You can also go back to the Vextras dashboard and confirm the connection by clicking the ‘refresh’ icon in the settings area where you started in Step 2. If everything is configured correctly, you’ll receive a confirmation message in the Vextras dashboard.
- Real-time processing can only occur if have the installation code loaded in your template at all times.
- If you do not have the installation script loaded, we can not capture campaign tracking for the MailChimp app or any workflow
- If your administrator password changes in your Volusion store, you will need to also update the API Key URL.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I have to refresh my API URL all the time?
Every 90 days, Volusion requires you to reset any password that is used for access into the admin area of your store. Unfortunately when that happens, it also breaks the connection with Vextras. We realize this can be a hassle, but until there is a change made by Volusion to allow a full time connection to their API there’s no way around it.