How To Migrate To Vextras 6.0
Kyle Hungate • November 3, 2015
Migrating to Vextras 6.0 is a simple process and only takes a few minutes. However, the move will require you to set up your store and apps again in the new platform. Here’s a step-by-step instruction guide to get you going:
- Let us know you’re ready rock by sending a note to [email protected]
- If you’re a Volusion user, make a copy of your API URL
- Pause any existing apps in your existing account
- Make note of the last order ID that went through successfully by visiting the Vextras logs page
- Sign up for a new account on our website, this will grant you access to the new platform (you will not be double billed)
- Connect your store again with the new installation script(s)
- Set up your apps & workflows in the new dashboard
- Send us the last order ID in step #4. We will populate any data that was missed during the transition
Once completed, we’ll take care of the rest. All services will resume normal functionality in just a few minutes.
If you have any Boomerang rules installed, you will need to set these up again with our new workflows feature. Don’t worry, every (workflow) rule can be duplicated. Please note, to use our workflows feature, you must have a Professional plan or higher.
Frequently Asked Questions
Geez this sounds like a hassle, can’t you guys do this automatically?
This is a significant change from our old build and we really wish there was an easier way to make the transition. Unfortunately with the change in pricing, apps and workflows there’s just not an “easy button” to push. However, we think you’ll love the new car smell once you take it for a test drive.
Will 6.0 cost me more?
We’ve adjusted pricing to be in line with the new upgrades. Cost will either be the same, marginally higher, or even lower in some situations. Overall, there’s not a huge difference. You have the option to stay with our legacy build and pricing if 6.0 isn’t a good fit for your business.
How do I know what version I am using?
If you signed up for a Vextras account before October 23, 2015, you are currently operating on our legacy platform.
How long will you support the legacy system?
Our plan is to keep it running until further notice. We recognize that not everyone will want to make the change right away to 6.0. We will continue support the legacy system just as we’ve done from the beginning.
The new workflows feature sounds amazing, can I try them out without paying for them right away?
Absolutely, we’d love for you to try out any of our new workflows. If you’re not already subscribing to it, upgrade to the Professional plan (or higher) and we’ll credit your account for the difference vs. your old plan for 30 days.
Why did you make the change?
Frankly, our customers deserve more. 6.0 was a project that evolved from hundreds of feature requests and learning what we could do better for our merchants. In many ways, it’s a new start for our company and we hope you love the updates as much as we do.