Last updated on November 29, 2016
Send your store’s order and customer information to virtually any cloud-based service you already use to run your business.
Zapier connects with over 750 apps like Asana, Facebook, Quickbooks and more.
- 3dcart, Bigcommerce, WooCommerce or Volusion shopping carts
- Vextras account
- Zapier account
Part 1 – Activate Vextras Zapier App
- Login to your Vextras account
- Confirm your store is connected
- Click the ‘Add New’ in the bottom left corner
- Select ‘Add New App’
- Choose Zapier
- Copy the API key that was generated in Vextras
Part 2 – Setup Zap in Zapier
- Login to Zapier
- Create a new ‘Zap’
- In the ‘Choose a Trigger Service’, search for Vextras
- Once found, Select the ‘New Order’ or ‘Order Update’ trigger with the appropriate
- e-commerce platform e.g. New Volusion Order
- Choose your ‘Action’ service e.g. Asana, Geckoboard, Zendesk, etc.
- Set your preferences with the chosen ‘Action’ service
- Click ‘Continue’
- Paste in your Vextras API key
- Continue to set parameters for the ‘Action’ service and complete the zap
The Vextras API key is automatically generated when the Zapier app is added. To create a zap, the API key must be added to Zapier.
Example API Key
The overview dashboard will show a summary of the app’s event activity. Each widget shows the total count of events that have occurred during the last seven days.
- Status – whether the app integration is on or off
- New order triggers – total number of new order zaps that have been triggered
- Order update triggers – total number of order update zaps that have been triggered
Vextras transfers the information over to Zapier in real-time. Depending on the subscription plan at Zapier, data will flow at the interval supported with your plan.
Multiple Meta Values
You may see multiple values for things like order_id, order_api_OrderID, order_api_sOrderID – they all will work in your zaps.
If you created your Vextras account before 10/23/15, you will need to use legacy triggers when creating a new zap.