Last updated on April 12, 2017
Vextras allows WooCommerce retailers to send targeted e-mails based on customer behavior like abandoned carts, customer reviews, rewards and more. In addition, shop owners can sync their e-commerce store with software they depend on to run their businesses.
Step 1 – Enable the WooCommerce API
If it’s not already been activated, enable the WooCommerce API. This will allow us to transfer order/product/customer data from your store and send it to any app or initiate a Vextras workflow.
- Login to your WooCommerce powered store
- Enable the REST API by following these instructions
Step 2 – Add your WooCommerce store to Vextras
Once the API is enabled, you will be able to connect your WooCommerce store with Vextras.
- Download and and activate the Vextras plugin. You may also download it inside of Vextras if you have an account with us already (+ Add New > Store > WooCommerce)
- After activation of the plugin, login with your existing Vextras username and password or create a new account with us inside of WordPress.
- Once you’re connected, login to your Vextras account and add any app or workflow.
- If you already have an account with us, login with your existing e-mail address and password.
- If you don’t have a Vextras account, we will create a new account for you on the fly inside of WordPress.
- After activation, apply plugin updates as you normal.
- All configuration of apps and workflows will occur in your Vextras dashboard.
When your WooCommerce store is active with Vextras, the ‘Connection’ tab for your store will show key indicators about the installation.
- Store Name
- Store URL
- Plugin Status
- Plugin Version
- Store information – basic contact details for your store, this is required for CAN-SPAM compliance if you want to use any of our workflows.
- Social links – attach your social links to any of our workflow e-mail templates. When added, the URL’s will automatically link to your social profiles.
- Opt-in preferences – displays choices for the opt-in box, including its location and optional text to display at checkout.
- Locale settings – set your country and currency
- Google Analytics integration – activate Google Analytics to display key metrics in your store’s dashboard.
- Before installing our plugin on your WordPress site, it’s good practice to either make a full backup or add the plugin in a staging area.
- Certain plugins and hosts may prevent the WooCommerce REST API from functioning correctly. Known issues exist with:
- WP-cerber – under the “Hardening” setting can block the Woo REST API
- The Vextras plugin will inject a newsletter opt-in box on your WooCommerce checkout page. Minor HTML or CSS adjustments may be needed in order for it look “correct” on your site.
- Login to your WooCommerce powered store.
- Navigate to Plugins > Installed Plugins > Deactivate the Vextras plugin.
- After deactivation, the plugin can be deleted manually.
- An order must be placed through the standard web checkout before any phone or manual orders will process.